There have been several trends in the carbon credit market in recent years, we’ve compiled a top 5 list of trends:
- Increasing demand for carbon credits: As concerns about climate change and greenhouse gas emissions have grown, there has been an increasing demand for carbon credits as a means of financing emission reduction projects and offsetting emissions.
- Growth of voluntary carbon markets: The voluntary carbon market, which allows individuals, businesses, and other organizations to offset their emissions voluntarily, has grown significantly in recent years. GRN Energy’s Sustainable Approach allows for businesses to have more flexibility to pivot and provide a more sustainable approach that can be utilized to benefit all stakeholders of your company.
- Emergence of new carbon credit programs: A number of new carbon credit programs have emerged in recent years, including the Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) and the China Emissions Trading System (ETS).
- Increasing scrutiny of carbon credits: As the carbon credit market has grown, there has been increased scrutiny of the effectiveness and integrity of carbon credit projects. There have been concerns about “double-counting” of credits and the impact of some projects on local communities.
- Changes in carbon credit prices: The price of carbon credits has varied significantly over time, due to factors such as supply and demand, the effectiveness of emission reduction projects, and political and economic developments.
Getting and validating a carbon credit or REC is not easy. GRN Energy can assist you in validating and registering your Carbon Credits. Contact us and do the Carbon Credit Check!